Each year, Megaphone comes together providing meaningful work to people experiencing poverty and homelessness. We’ll gather with the Megaphone community to celebrate the positive change that vendors make every day. We present the Vancouver Vendor of the Year Award to one incredible vendor, and host an inspiring conversation between Megaphone’s Executive Director and a community leader.
An inspiring breakfast with a community that made it possible to provide meaningful work to people experiencing poverty and homelessness in Vancouver and Victoria.
· To celebrate the power of building community through small, everyday acts.
· To honor the Vendor of the Year.
· To give our supporters a chance to see what is possible because they gave vendors a chance to contribute.
· To break bread with the people that inspire us and bring us hope.
Where & When
· Beginning of November each year
· Held at the Vancouver Public Library
· Join over 200 guests including Megaphone vendors, volunteers, donors and supporters
BRINGING THIS TO LIFE
What We bring:
The community, the promotion, vendor support and the heavy lifting.
While this will be a team effort in so many ways, Megaphone will take care of the heavy lifting, the pre-and-post launch event, and sales season promotional strategy and execution, access to our community, and then working together to spread the content we capture across B.C.
· Event planning and execution
· Promotion of the event
· Coordination of inspirational community leader
What We Need:
A group of partners committed to working together toward this vision:
While we will take care of the heavy lifting and execution, this will need to be a unified effort among some of Vancouver’s greatest companies and organizations:
· Cover funding for hard costs (breakfast)
· Funding to pay contributing low-income writers
· Fund the reading event
· Mutual drive to give marginalized people a voice
The impact and reach of this event is substantial.
We aren’t going to tell you what you need from us. Once we know your budget and what promotional material would be most beneficial for you, we will create a tailored package for your organization or business.
What we can offer your team:
· Logo displayed in special sponsor page of the program
· Logo displayed on the Megaphone website and social media
· Complimentary advertisements in Megaphone up to a value of $2,000
· Logo displayed at the event (program, signs, and on invitation)
· Mention in event press releases
· Company logo featured in press releases, print ads, online promotional material and the eve program
· Use of Megaphone’s logo in your company’s materials (for philanthropic descriptions)
· Prominent mention in Megaphone magazine, and in the Annual Report
· Logo displayed on website, and a prominent mention on Megaphone’s social media sites (~12,000 followers)
· Invitation to participate as guest vendor at Megaphone’s Big Sell, where community leaders come together for one hour to sell Megaphone with vendors
· Prime-location table for up to 10 guests at the event
What brand integration can look like:
On the left image of Sponsor page on our program. On the right photo of Vancity representatives at the 2016 Breakfast.
Communications and Development Coordinator
604-255-9701 ext 153
JOIN THESE CHAMPIONS