Join the Megaphone community!
A free public event exploring solutions to the homelessness crisis in B.C.
Last year, Megaphone readers funded our 6-part in-depth series seeking solutions to the homelessness crisis. As we wrap up part 6 of the project, join Megaphone along with experts in policy and lived experience to explore what we can do to ensure we all have access to safe and affordable housing.
We'll talk tools, approaches, and possibilities ahead of the provincial election. Reserve your free ticket! All welcome.
Unable to attend in person? Join the event on Facebook Live: www.facebook.com/megaphonemag
We acknowledge that this event takes place on the unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) peoples. A disproportionate number of First Nations, Inuit, and Metis people experience poverty and homelessness, and we understand that reality as a generational impact of colonization, racism, and genocide on xʷməθkʷəy̓əm, Sḵwx̱wú7mesh, Sel̓íl̓witulh people and First Nations, Inuit, and Metis people across Turtle Island. Working together to seek solutions to the homelessness crisis on Coast Salish territory and across B.C. is as much an issue of racial justice and reconciliation as it is of economic and housing justice.
Doors open at 6:30pm. Program starts promptly at 7:00pm, and will end by 9:00pm.
- The World Art Centre at SFU Woodward's is wheelchair accessible. There is a ramp to access the building entrance, an elevator to the second floor, and accessible washrooms.
- Washrooms are gendered - we will be adding "trans people welcome" signs to second floor washrooms for the event.
- If you have accessibility questions or requirements, please get in touch.
Learn more, watch the videos, and read Megaphone's 6-part reader-funded series here: http://www.megaphonemagazine.com/solutions
Run, walk, cheer, or donate to support Megaphone. This is Megaphone's first year participating in the Scotiabank Charity Challenge! Benefits to being part of Megaphone's team include motivation to achieve your fitness goals, fun, new friends, and knowing you are part of change that works.
Join the Megaphone crew and register at vancouverhalf.com
Be sure to use our Charity Pin Code to receive a registration discount:
Half-Marathon discount code: 17MM21K
5K discount discount code: 17MM5K
Registration: 10 Easy Steps!
1) Go to vancouverhalf.com and click "Register"
2) Select the registration option on the left titled: "Scotiabank Vancouver Half-Marathon or 5k"
3) You will see a list of race options. Scroll through and click "register"
4) You will be prompted to either create a personal account or sign in with a pre-existing account.
5) Choose your desired race distance and fill in the required information, then agree to the waiver.
6) Once at the Scotiabank Charity Challenge section choose "yes" and select "Megaphone".
7) In the field "your Charity Pin Code" enter Megaphone either:
- Half-Marathon discount code: 17MM21K
- 5K discount code: 17MM5K
8) Under "I would like to create a fundraising account or make a donation" Choose to 'create a fundraising account' to create a place for others to donate. Make sure to join the Megaphone team or create your own! All proceeds will go to supporting the Megaphone vendor program.
9) Create a username, password, fundraising goal(whatever is meaningful to you) and submit any personal donations.
10) Complete registration. Happy training and fundraising!
If you have any questions or need help registering, please call 604-255-9701 x 137 or email community outreach coordinator Krista: firstname.lastname@example.org
P.S. If you are not interested in participating but want to support the team, please consider donating to the team to help us reach our $10,000 target! Click here to chip in now. Most importantly, please share with your networks!
Donate to the MegaMarathoners here: