Work with Megaphone – Paid Internship Opportunity
Open Until Filled
Title: Assistant Vendor Coordinator
Megaphone is an award-winning social enterprise that provides an economic opportunity and a voice to people experiencing poverty and homelessness in Vancouver and Victoria. We are a small, but feisty organization that works with more than 200 marginalized people in British Columbia every year through its vendor and writing workshop programs. We are committed to empowering people and creating positive social change in our communities.
The Vendor Coordinator is a temporary contract position at $20/hour consisting of 650 hours between October 2016 and February 2016, funded through VCN Youth Internship program. To be eligible, applicants must be between 15 and 30 years old (under 31). This position reports to the Executive Director and will be based in Vancouver. The majority of work will take place from October 2016 through December 2016. The primary hours of work will be 9:00am-5:00pm, 5 days per week. This role will require some evening and weekend work, and involve working through December.
The position will primarily serve the Megaphone/Hope in Shadows vendor program, assisting with direct vendor service as well as auxiliary and administrative support for the program. The position will also fulfill inter-organizational tasks around events and community outreach.
- Vendor Engagement
- Offer support to vendor coordinator for new vendor orientations, monthly vendor meetings, vendor communications, and sales support
- Enter and analyze vendor sales data
- Assist vendor coordinator to implement vendor recruitment and retention strategies
- Support community outreach efforts and promote vendor program at community events
- Monitor and analyze vendor sales and engagement data
- Assist with calendar and Megaphone distribution to sales depots
- Provide CRM support (Nationbuilder)
- Help create printed materials for the vendor program
- Create and post vendor social media content
- Represent Megaphone at community events
- Passion for social justice and supporting Megaphone’s vendors
- Direct experience working with homeless and/or low-income people, or experience working with marginalized populations.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, social media)
- Conflict de-escalation training and/or experience an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective time management, a high level of detail-oriented organization, and ability to prioritize
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Requires own laptop
- This job regularly requires heavy lifting (25lb to 50lb)
- Basic graphic design skills an asset
- Experience with database platforms (NationBuilder) an asset
Closing Date: Open until filled. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and hope to fill the position quickly.
Interviews: Interviews will be conducted on or before Wednesday October 12th.
TO APPLY: Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Megaphone Internship 2016 – Assistant Vendor Coordinator”.
This position is funded through the Innovation and Social Development Canada Youth Internship program, which has eligibility requirements. In your application email, please confirm your eligibility by answering the following questions:
1. Are you between 15 and 30 years old (under 31)?
2. Are you a high-school graduate and/or have you entered or completed post-secondary education?
3. Are you a Canadian citizen/Permanent Resident?
We thank all applicants for their interest in working with Megaphone. Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Megaphone promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage people with disability, people with lived experience of poverty, homelessness, and social exclusion, First Nations, Metis, and Inuit candidates, young people, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this job.
Thank you for your interest in working with Megaphone. We currently have one open job opportunity for Assistant Vendor Coordinator (Internship). Sign up for Megaphone updates to make sure you don't miss a posting!